Would you like to be a governor?
You need to:-
- Be enthusiastic and committed to wanting children to get the best from their school
- Be willing to raise questions constructively and participate in discussion and decision-making
- Be discrete, open minded and fair
- Be prepared to participate in the life of the school
- Take the time to attend governors meetings and training
- Be open to new ideas and be ready to learn
- Act at all times with honesty and integrity and be ready to explain actions and decisions
How to apply
Every governor is generally expected to stay in their role for a period of 3 years. The list of governors shows when their position is due for reconsideration and, if you are interested in and eligible to apply for the role, you should make the Chair of Governors or the Head Teacher aware. (Contact can be made via the school office.)
Otherwise, the school will advertise any vacancies for community and parent governors as and when they become available.